Scientific Awards AstraZeneca Foundation 2021
The FNRS and the FWO will grant in 2021 the Scientific Awards AstraZeneca Foundation which reward established investigators in 3 different topics in Life & Health Sciences.
Scientific Awards AstraZeneca Foundation
- These 3 Awards are granted on the initiative of the AstraZeneca Foundation.
- Amount : 25.000 €/Award. Half of the amount is allocated personally to the laureate, the other half is allocated to the laureate's laboratory.
- Reward established investigators on the basis of their previous work, with a perspective of future development in the same field.
One Award will be attributed in each of the following topics:
Gene editing as a therapeutic approach.
Understanding the heterogeneity of the human immune response to infectious agents.
- New strategies in regenerative medicine.
- Candidates should be active in the above mentioned fields of research, with both ongoing work related to the focus of the Awards and future prospects.
- The Awards can only be given to individual scientists from postdoctoral level onwards who are affiliated to a Belgian university or university hospital.
- Candidates can have the Belgian or foreign nationality on the condition that they have been doing research activities in Belgium in a biomedical context for at least five years prior to the submission deadline.
- Candidates cannot have reached the age of 45 on the date of the submission deadline.
- Personnel of the AstraZeneca Foundation or affiliated to the AstraZeneca Foundation are not eligible for the Awards.
- Candidates may not have received an Award for the work submitted with the same amount (or higher) in the last 3 years (prior to the deadline of the call).
- Candidates can only apply to one AstraZeneca Award.
How to apply
Applications, written in English, must be sent electronically to email@example.com on July 12, 2021 at the latest.
The requested documents are :
- The application form pertaining to the Award you wish to apply to (see below)
- A detailled scientific curriculum vitae
- A list of publications
For more information contact:
Fonds de la Recherche Scientifique - FNRS
Rue d'Egmont, 5 - 1000 Bruxelles
Tel.: +32(0)2 504 92 40