Call for applications
The ICTEAM Thesis Award 2021 call for applications is now (1/03/2021) closed.
The award of 2.000 € will be granted to the best doctoral thesis that was publicly defended in 2020 and for which at least one of the co-directors is officially a member of ICTEAM (“membre affecté”).
The selection committee is composed of : Peter Van Roy (chair), Ramin Sadre, Jérôme Louveaux, Olivier Pereira and François Glineur.
Applications must be sent by e-mail to the ICTEAM secretary (Nathalie.Ponet@uclouvain.be) by February 28, 2021 and include :
- The PDF file of the doctoral thesis ;
- A maximum one-page motivation letter written by the applicant in which he/she states what he/she believes to be the qualities of the thesis and the reasons why he/she should be granted the award ;
- A short CV (5 pages max) listing scientific publications by categories (journal papers, book chapters, conference proceedings) as well as patents if relevant ;
- The thesis report (communicated to the PhD Graduate following the public defense) ;
- Two (2) supporting letters from experts outside of UCLouvain, preferably members of the thesis jury. These letters should comment on the quality and the impact of the thesis work in comparison with the average of other theses belonging to the same research field. The deadline to forward these letters is March 15, 2021. These letters must be sent by the candidate to the secretariat, by e-mail. The secretariat will send the applicant an acknowledgement of receipt for each letter of recommendation received. In the absence of such an acknowledgement of receipt, the letters will be deemed not to have been received, thus rendering the application inadmissible.
The result will be announced during the ICTEAM Day if possible, or during another event that will take place in 2021, and it will also be published on the Institute’s web site.
Thesis directors or co-directors are strongly encouraged to communicate the present call for applications to their eligible (ex) PhD students.
Read the regulations to know more.