Each staff member and student possesses a UCL global user account. External library users can also request access to online services.
How to activate your global account
- you will need your NOMA number (located on the student card and on documents sent by the Enrolment Office);
- go to the ‘Activate your global account’ page; you will obtain your UCL global username (attention: Mons and Charleroi students must go to ‘Student Corner’);
- choose a password (see: password);
- choose or create a security question and simple response; this response will be required if you forget your password.
If account activation fails or you cannot log in to My UCL, contact the Service Desk or 010/478282.
Transitional provisions are made for students who have not yet received an access card and/or activated their global account.
- In the Science and Technology Sector (SST), lab and computer access is authorised on weekdays during the first two weeks of the academic year. Information for your first login are available here.
- In the Human Sciences Sector (SSH), lab and computer access is authorised on weekdays from 15 August to 1 November and during the first two weeks of the second term. Computer access instructions are available.
go to the ‘Activate your alumni global account’ page.
You can also:
choose a new password by answering your security question;
request Service Desk activation of a new username/password in case of forgetting you’re your password and security question answer.
Access to intranet and virtual office
click ‘My UCL’ on any UCL webpage to access the intranet and your virtual office;
enter your UCL global username and password;
if activation fails or you cannot login, contact the Service Desk or 010/478282.