Research conducted in the Gastroenterology Laboratory has as main orientations:
- study of the pathogenesis of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis focusing on lipid metabolism, recruitment of the inflammatory reaction and fibrogenesis.
- study of the pathophysiology of intrahepatic insulin resistance (role of Kupffer cells in hepatic insulin resistance, effects of alcohol on insulin sensitivity, role of reticulum stress as a link between lipid overload and insulin resistance ...).
- Study of intrahepatic progenitor cells: interactions with the microenvironment, origin of myofibroblastic cells that accompany progenitor cells, role of progenitor cells in the regeneration and maintenance of the homeostasis of the hepatic mass, possibility of use for cell transplantation.
- study of the mechanisms of hepatic fibrosis centered on the interactions between adipose tissue and hepatic fibrogenesis.
- study of hepatic carcinogenesis (hepatocarcinoma) and its control by drugs (somatostatin analogues, PPARgamma agonsites, role of the Ras oncogene and effects of its pharmacological inhibition, ...).
- the hepatic and extrahepatic cytochrome P450 system.
- Study of hepatic perfusion in animals and in humans.
- Study of the molecular mechanisms of hepatic regeneration in rats.
- Study of the physiopathology of functional dyspepsia with non-invasive evaluation of gastric accommodation.