Advanced master in Brewing Science
The advanced master’s programme in brewing engineering offers :
- a detailed training in the biochemistry, chemistry and microbiology of malting and brewing processes ;
- training in the practical, technological and organoleptic aspects of these two industries ;
- a dissertation-internship allowing students to learn about the brewing sector in a concrete way ;
- the possibility of earning a high-level professional qualification.
The programme includes :
- detailed training in the theory of biochemistry, chemistry and microbiology of malting and brewing processes;
- practical and technological training;
- a dissertation-internship allowing the student to work in a team in an industrial context on a problem specific to the making of malt or beer.
Advanced master of environmental science and management in developing countries
The advanced master’s programme in environmental science and management in developing countries is an interuniversity programme between the Université de Liège (ULg) and the Université catholique de Louvain’s Faculty of Bioengineering.
The programme is recognised by the French Community of Belgium’s Academy for Research and Higher Education Sustainable Development Commission (ARES-CCD), which offers scholarships to qualified students in developing countries.
Though the programme takes place at both universities, enrolling in the programme is done solely through the Université de Liège.
The Université de Liège hosts programme activities on its Arlon campus and the Université catholique de Louvain on its Louvain-la-Neuve campus.
Programme content includes :
- coursework including a final project ;
- a management tools module ;
- a choice between the two concentrations of ‘Nature and land’ or ‘Water and soil’.