The International Lhoist Berghmans Master Scholarship is a scholarship to encourage bright engineering students from all over the world to come and read for their master in Engineering at the Université catholique de Louvain (UCL). The scholarship is open to future Master students in: Mechanical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Chemical and Materials Engineering, Civil Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical and Physical Engineering. The total amount of the scholarship is €10,000 for both years of Master.
- Level of education: Open to students who have successfully obtained their bachelor degree in Engineering from a university abroad with a major in one of the eight domains described above
- Academic profile: Candidates should have solid bases in applied mathematics, chemistry, mathematics, and physics
- Academic results: Minimum GPA of 3.2 / 4, equivalent to 80%
- English proficiency: Should English not be the student’s mother tongue, the following Internet-based TOEFL or IELTS requirements must be satisfied:TOEFL iBT: overall score of 80 or higher, with no subscore below 20; or IELTS: overall score of 6.5, with no subscore below 6.0
- Proficiency in French is an asset
Thank you for sending the items below to the following address: email@example.com or by post to Louvain School of Engineering, Office of International Relations and Internships, Rue Archimède, 1 bte L6.11.01; B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium. Two deadlines: by JANUARY 15th or by APRIL 15th at the latest for the following academic year starting in SEPTEMBER.
- Cover letter
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- A copy of your Bachelor's Degree
- Proof of proficiency in English should it not be the student's mother tongue
- A letter of recommendation from a professor
Thank you to note that the granting of the scholarship is subject to the finalization of the registration process.
What does the scholarship cover?
The merit-based scholarships include the payment of € 5,000 per year and the allocation of a room in a UCL accommodation. (NB: the rent of this accommodation, registration fees and all other expenses will be borne by the student). An estimate of the various costs related to studies at UCL is available.
For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org