The Louvain School of Engineering (EPL) trains students in the fields of engineering and computer science.
Its objective is
- to offer a highquality education based on innovative scientific and technical teaching that encourages creativity;
- to prepare its students to respond to the multidisciplinary technological challenges that will face tomorrow's society;
- while confronting them with the impact of their practice within a professional, human, ethical and sustainable framework
EPL pursues three missions :
The Louvain School of Engineering (EPL) is the UCLouvain faculty that organises all the university's civil engineering and computer science degrees. Specifically, it organises undergraduate, master's and doctoral studies in the fields of engineering science, computer science, data science and cybersecurity. In addition, the faculty provides continuing education in the form of certificates and diplomas in several areas of engineering and computer science.
EPL offers students a collaborative, multidisciplinary working environment in contact with research that enables them to acquire basic scientific and technical skills together with the methodological knowledge they will need for their future careers.
Today's courses are strongly focused on internationalism, innovation and entrepreneurship. Innovative projects and teaching methods are an integral part of the programmes from the first year of the bachelor's degree. In addition, a number of mechanisms are provided throughout each programme to put students in contact with the professional world and help them build their career plans.
The teaching staff at the Louvain School of Engineering are involved in advanced, multidisciplinary, international research networks. A driving force for teaching, research is conducted at four institutes:
- Institute of Information and Communication Technologies, Electronics and Applied Mathematics (ICTEAM)
- Institute of Condensed Matter and Nanosciences (IMCN)
- Institute of Mechanics, Materials and Civil Engineering (IMMC)
- Louvain Institute of Data Analysis and Modeling in Economics and Statistics (LIDAM)
3. Service to society
EPL's graduates are at the heart of innovation. With their high-level scientific and technological knowledge and their human qualities, they are able to propose extraordinary new ideas and advanced expertise and support the teams who will put them into practice.