The objectives of the ReCIPE Centre are multiple, including two general objectives and multiple specific objectives.
- To enhance the international visibility of UCLouvain as a reference university in process engineering research and education, and
- To promote collaborations among UCLouvain researchers from different sectors and institutes, as well as with different industries and technological platforms.
- To gather all scientific activities related to process engineering in a transversal structure, which are currently dispersed within different institutes and research entities/divisions/poles,
- To promote interdisciplinary research by organizing meetings among permanent and temporary researchers in order to generate new collaborations,
- To promote a pooling of technology resources,
- To promote the development of new interdisciplinary research programs with joint application to sources of financing (ARC, EoS, FNRS, Walloon Region, European Union, industrial partners...),
- To enrich the UCLouvain teaching activities of involved colleagues by cross-fertilization of courses through the intervention of teachers of other disciplines or by using examples from the developed collaborative projects,
- To ensure visibility both within the institution and at national and international levels by creating an attractive website with the areas of expertise, publications, thematic interdisciplinary research teams and the activities organized by the Centre,
- To ensure an effective collaboration of the involved research units with other research and development organizations, such as Certech, Materia Nova, Centexbel, Greenwin and Vito.
- To interact effectively with other research centres at UCLouvain, such as Louvain Research Center on Catalysis (LRCC).