Next session - September 2020
This Business Ethics and Compliance programme is open to participants and executives from various backgrounds: ethics and compliance professionals (part time or full time), working for medium and large companies, lawyers, CFOs, management consultants, risk managers, auditors, CEOs, board members, directors, regulators, public officers and international directors, among others.
Key success factors of the program
- Taught in English by expert professors from leading universities together with international practitioners
- Deeply anchored in professional practice, with highly interactive sessions
- Concrete tools, directly applicable by participants in their daily activities
- Opportunities to build valuable networks with other participants and practitioners
- A schedule compatible with your professional commitments
- Training sanctioned by a University certificate from leading Universities
- Lectures in the heart of Brussels, at University Saint Louis, Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43, 1000 Brussels.
- Valérie Swaen (UCLouvain, LSM), academic co-director of the programme
- Alexandre Girard ( Université Saint Louis – Finance), academic co-director of the programme
- Yves De Rongé (UCLouvain, LSM)
- Carlos Desmet (Visiting Professor UCLouvain, LSM)
- Jean-Marc Gollier (Attorney Eubelius and Visiting Professor UCLouvain)
- Christophe Greven (VP Legal and Compliance EMEA , OTIS)
- Vincent van Bueren (Governance, Risk and Compliance Associate Gimv)
- Anouk Claes (Université Saint Louis)
- Hélène Latzer (Université Saint Louis)
- Rodrigo Cunha (Global Ethics and Compliance Director – AB InBev)
- François Vincke (Attorney – ICC VP CSR and Anti-corruption commission)
- Anelien Van de Meulenbroek (Attorney Eubelius , DPO)
- Jan Bocken (Attorney Eubelius)
- Philippe Lambrecht (Professor UCLouvain and Secretary General and Board member FEB/VBO)
- François Koning (Attorney Janson Baugniet)
- Michael Fernandez Bertier (Attorney, Lecturer UCLouvain)
- Jacques Spelkens (Head of CSR, Engie Benelux and Visiting professor, ICHEC)
- Hilde Luystermans (Chairwoman of the Ethics committee Total Group) tbc
- Pillar 1: COMPLIANCE TOOLKIT - Managing business ethics and compliance
- Pillar 2: REGULATORY COMPLIANCE THEMES - Accountability of the Compliance, Anti-corruption, Money laundering, ...
- Pillar 3: FOSTERING A SUSTAINABLE CULTURE OF ETHICS AND COMPLIANCE - Building an ethical culture : key components and tools, Managing interfaces with management, audit and other functions,...
- Pillar 4: ECONOMIC AND ETHICS - Integrated and extra-financial reporting, and external assurance, Compliance in financial institutions
- Pillar 5: WORKSHOP TO REVIEW COMPLIANCE PROGRAMS - Workshops with senior Compliance practitioners to explore findings, discuss successes and failures, ...
- Pillar 6: FINAL PAPER AND CERTIFICATION - A written paper of about 30 pages and an oral presentation in front of various experts
The teaching method combines theory and practical experimentations through case studies and thematic conferences by recognized field experts sharing their experiences about successes and failures and debating with participants on how to articulate ethics and management in companies.
On that basis, participants integrate the knowledge acquired through a team analysis of various company Compliance programs and the animation of a critical debate around their analysis with the whole group and a Compliance executive.
Finally, an individual paper is required, dealing with a challenging business decision or the implementation of one of the frameworks learned in a concrete company case. This paper should demonstrate the ability of participants to investigate further one or more topics developed in the sessions and to apply a certain number of aspects studied in a specific case (for instance, his/her company).