Welcome to the Louvain School of Management
Are you a new student at LSM? Congratulations and welcome!
Below you will find all the information you need to start your studies with us.
First of all, you need to make a choice about the Master's degree you want to follow. The offer is varied at the Louvain School of Management: 120 masters, 60 masters, daytime masters, staggered hours, a specialization master, double masters, premium programmes, etc. Once you have made your choice, you can proceed to the registration stage.
For a successful start to the academic year, you must follow 3 essential steps:
1) REGISTERING AT UCLOUVAIN
The registration procedure at UCLouvain and LSM may vary depending on your personal academic situation.
- Either you have direct access to the Masters
- Or you must first submit an application for access to the Masters. Your application will then be analyzed by the Faculty.
Check the conditions of access linked to the Master's degree you wish to apply for. And then submit an application for registration.
2) FIRST STEPS AT UCLOUVAIN (for new UCLouvain students only)
You are registered... great! You can continue to prepare for the new school year by activating your global UCLouvain account to have access to the wifi, the virtual office, the intranet, by connecting to your UCLouvain email address, by customizing your virtual office, by consulting your timetable, ...
3) REGISTER FOR COURSES AT THE LOUVAIN SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
Registration for LSM courses is done online (for the most part). You must register for your courses via these 2 platforms:
- on Moodle (as soon as possible!),
- on your virtual office (as soon as possible, the deadline is 30 September 2022!)
For all additional information on course registration, you can consult the LSM intranet.
CLASSES START ON MONDAY 19/09/2022! REMEMBER TO CHECK YOUR COURSE SCHEDULE!
Here is a useful guide to accessing the standard course timetable
Important to know: the 2022-2023 course timetable is available on ADE. (Please make sure you use the Firefox browser with ADE. Google Chrome does not work)
Please note: the timetable is subject to change at any time during the year, so please check it regularly
1) BEFORE registering for LSM courses, watch the tutorial and follow the links below for a typical schedule for your programme.
Master 120 in Management Engineering with specialization
Master of Specialization in European Business and Economic Policy
Complementary module. To identify yourself: student/student. Then enter "GEST1MC" in the Search window, click on the magnifying glass and then click on GEST1MC. Finally, select the week you are looking for in the timeline at the bottom of the web page.
2) AFTER you have registered for LSM courses, create your own schedule by following the tutorial.
Auditoriums, group work rooms, computer rooms
- Location of the auditoriums in Louvain-la-Neuve
- The computer rooms, used for teaching and research activities, are at your disposal in the basement of the Doyens building and are accessible, only with a valid UCLouvain access card, via the rue de la lanterne magique.
The course timetable of the Mons site can be found on the Student Corner by following the path below:
Home - My info - Administrative service of support to the faculties and institutes (SAFI) - Course timetable / TP - Day - Course timetable for the 1st quadrennium 2022-2023 - Day timetable Q1 - 2022-2023
For your first login to Student Corner, you should go to https://uclouvain.be/en/discover/activate-your-global-account.html and follow the instructions listed there.
If you have any questions about the majors and options organized in Mons, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Although you are already registered in Master 60 or 120 in Management Sciences at LSM, please note that the Supplementary Module courses (Bachelor level) are managed by the ESPO faculty, so you should be careful to check the information of both faculties.
Students registered at ICHEC or UNamur who wish to follow courses at the LSM - LLN site will find
- all information in the information guide for ICHEC/UNamur students
- the document "Demande d'inscription particulière" to be completed and sent to the UCLouvain registration service (SIC)
- the registration form for the LSM-LLN 2022-23 courses (to be sent to email@example.com):
o student coming from UNamur (soon available)
o student coming from ICHEC (soon available)
Free students who wish to follow a course(s) outside their Master programme for a maximum of 20 credits per academic year, must complete the following two documents
- UCL form "Autorisation inscription élève libre - cours isolé(s)" : Please make sure to fill in your personal data, enter the codes, titles and credits of the course(s) you wish to take in the box ''Authority's decision'', sign the form and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Form "Demande d'inscription particulière" to be filled in and sent to the UCLouvain registration service (SIC)
A student from outside the European Union cannot be enrolled in an individual course unless he/she is already a student at UCLouvain.
The LSM intranet
It is full of valuable information, accessible with your UCLouvain login and password, and should be among your favorites.
To make your life easier, add the LSM intranet link to your favorites from the beginning of the year.
To access it: click on "my UCL" at the top right of the web page; you will then arrive on your virtual office; open the drop-down menu at the top left "My UCL"; click on "Navigation" then on "Faculty" and select "Louvain School of Management".
The UCLouvain virtual office
It allows you to :
register for courses
check the year's programme
register for exams
check your results
access your UCL mailbox
access the libraries
follow UCLouvain news
Do not hesitate to watch the explanatory video on the new virtual office
Your e-mail address student.uclouvain.be
All students registered at the University have an e-mail address (...@student.uclouvain.be) which they are obliged to activate and which, unless otherwise stipulated in these regulations, is used for all individual communication from the University to the student and vice versa.
The Moodle platform
Moodle UCL is a platform used to support many courses at UCLouvain University. Professors and assistants make available syllabi, reading portfolios, exercises, documents, communication tools, etc. related to the courses they teach.
For teachers, it is a real tool for managing their teaching methods. It is through Moodle that you will be able to find out about the activities planned by the teachers and register for oral exams.
You can connect to Moodle using your UCLouvain login and your password linked to this login.
ATTENTION: registration to Moodle is not automatic and does not constitute an official registration to courses!
The LSM team is at your service, as well as student jobbers during the first two weeks of the academic year, the LSM Student Council, the LSM Student Council Facebook page, and your fellow students. These are all sources that can help you.
During the LSM WIN Week, you will also have the opportunity to discover the functioning of the Faculty and to be accompanied in all your steps.