1. General information:
The PhD in Economics is organized by the Economics School of Louvain (ESL) and the Faculty of Economics, Political Science and Communication (ESPO).
The doctoral programme being managed mostly by the faculty on the administrative point of view, you will find relevant information on the ESL page Ph. D. in Economics.
This three year program prepares candidates for research and teaching positions in academia and private or public organizations across the world.
Who is the administrative coordinator of the doctoral programme in Economics ?
The ESPO doctoral administrative coordinator is Isabelle Portzenheim.
Collège Léon Dupriez
Place Montesquieu 4/L2.05.01
Tel.: 010 47 39 54
2. Where can I find the doctoral regulations ?
The doctoral regulations are explained on the application steps page of the Faculty of economics, Political Sciences and Communication.
3. What are the admission criteria ?
You will find the admission criteria in the General admission criteria section on the application steps page of the Faculty of economics, Political Sciences and Communication.
4. PhD students:
4.1. Job placement 2019 - 2020:
- Ricardo Turati joined the Department of Applied Economics of the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona as visiting professor;
- Juliana Mesen Vargas joined the Universidad de Costa Rica as professor in economics;
- Alexandre Ounnas works as researcher in the Job and Skills Unit at the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS);
- Dalal Moosa is economist with the Social Protection and Jobs Global Practice at the World Bank;
- Stefanija Veljanoska joined the Department of Economics of the University of Rennes I as "Maître de conférence"
4.2. LIDAM PhD thesis completed in 2021:
|02 April, 2021
Boris Chafwehé. Essays on macroeconomic theory and optimal policies
Promoter: Rigas Oikonomou (UCLouvain)
|27 October 2021
Douglas Amuli Ibale. Informal Economy: Development and Distributional Impacts
Promoters: Muriel Dejemeppe (UCLouvain) and Frédéric Docquier (LISER)
25 June, 2021
13 December, 2021
|25 June, 2021
Fabio Blasutto. Three Essays on Family Economics and Economic History
Promoters: David de la Croix (UCLouvain) and Fabio Mariani (UCLouvain)
13 December, 2021