How to apply as an exchange student ?
You can apply for an exchange at Louvain School of Engineering at UCL if you are registrered as a student at one of our partner universities and your home university has an agreement for student exchange with us.
To be able to apply as an exchange student at Louvain School of Engineering (EPL), your home institution's international office has to nominate you by filling in the Nomination Form and send it to Miss Sandrine Matthieu at the following e-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15 (if the stay will cover the full year or the first semester of the next academic year) or by November 15 (if the stay will cover the second semester of the same academic year).
Once you receive an e-mail confirming your nomination, you should then gather the following documents for your application :
- Upload and fill in our ADMISSION FORM 2022-2023 (PDF document to be completed and signed digitally by you and your home institution, you may use the "fill in and sign" tool in Acrobat Reader),
- A photocopy of identity card or passport (in pdf format),
- An ECTS Learning Agreement signed by the student and the academic coordinator of the sending institution
(For your perusal and if unavailable at your home institution, please use the UCL ECTS Learning Agreement template)
- An official transcript of records of all previous years in higher education
- The list of courses currently followed
- A language proficiency certificate ( see requirements at : https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/epl/english-taught-courses-at-epl.html )
When do you have to send us your complete application ?
Please make sure you submit your application by the deadline indicated on this document. As a general rule, the first part must be submitted by the applicant:
- by May 31, if the stay will cover the full year or the first semester of the next academic year
- by November 30 if the stay will cover the second semester of the same academic year
The documents should only be sent by email, and they must be properly scanned documents.
Note that the final decision about the acceptance of exchange students will by made by Louvain School of Engineering.
Finally, if the exchange period is linked to a Master final thesis, your application must follow a specific timing, as the process is more complex than the process of an exchange stay for courses only.