Get a Visa


Apply for a Visa (Non-European students):

Visa application should be started AS SOON AS POSSIBLE as it may take up to 90 days to complete the full process.


  • Students with dual nationality (European & non-European) will be considered as European students (be sure it is indicated on your Mobility Online profile).
  • ASP Student Visa (long-term Visa) is compulsory in order to register at UCLouvain and at the City Hall.
  • The official UCLouvain proof of registration will be available on the student’s intranet account after UCLouvain registration completion. However, you may start your application using the official UCLouvain Admission Letter, UCLouvain Autorisation d’inscription, that will be sent by the Registrar's Office BY EMAIL (email mentioned in your online application). 
  • Chinese students coming from China are EXEMPTED from the ASP Certificate by showing the APS Exemption Letter that the LSM sent after their nomination.
  • Financial proof of sufficiency may be requested by the embassy.


To receive the financial proof of sufficiency, contact Mr. Ait Belaid at and Mrs. Geneviève Thomas at
They will give you the bank details where you will have to deposit 642 € per month of stay.

As soon as the money is received, they will send you an official document to be sent to the Belgian Embassy. You will be refunded this money before the end of your stay.


Follow this link to learn how to find official documents on MyUCL.

Refer to the UCLouvain Enrollment Office page for more information about the UCLouvain Registration procedure.