What is the Service d'Analyse Economique (SAE)
Every quarter, the SAE produces a detailed analysis of short-term economic prospects in Belgium. The objective of this work is to provide public and private decision-makers with frequently updated forecasts for Belgium, which can be compared to those produced by official institutions (mainly the National Bank of Belgium and the Federal Planning Bureau) and by commercial organizations (mainly banks). Our forecasts are made available on a large scale via the media and the internet.
The analysis is supervised by Vincent Bodart.
The team also involves 6 researchers :
- Arno Baurin
- Nathan Lachapelle
- Alexandre Ounnas
- Mathilde Pourtois
- Mathieu Sauvenier
- Leïla Van Keirsbilck
Our Quarterly Economic Report "Analyses économiques et prévisions"
Analyses économiques et prévisions" presents a detailed analysis of short-term economic prospects in Belgium.
Our quarterly economic report, entitled "Analyses économiques et prévisions", is divided into four main chapters.
- In the first chapter, our hypothesis about commodity prices, interest rates and exchange rates are set out and discussed.
- In the second chapter, we analyze international economic developments outside the euro area.
- The third chapter examines the cycle developments in the euro area.
- The fourth chapter covers short-term economic prospects in Belgium.
- The quarterly report also contains a large appendix with our forecasts for a variety of international and Belgian macroeconomic variables (GDP and its components, employment and unemployment, inflation, interest rates, oil prices, world trade, fiscal balances, etc.). A synthesis of the overall analysis and the projections is presented in introduction.
How to Subscribe to Analyses économiques et prévisions ?
"Analyses économiques et prévisions" is available only by subscription.
For the subscription modalities, please contact :
Service d'analyse économique
Place Montesquieu 3, bte L2.06.01
BE - 1348 LOUVAIN-LA-NEUVE
Tel : 32-10-47.34.26
Summary of our latest forecast
"Analyses économiques et prévisions", juillet 2022