Search for an OER subject or key word on oer.uclouvain.be.
UCLouvain is not the only source of open educational resources. The following sites are meta-portals in the sense that they refer to OERs or host them.
IDNEUF (in French)
A few platforms that host open educational resources
* in English:
- BCcampus; Open Textbook: https://open.bccampus.ca/find-open-textbooks/
- Open Course Library (Washington State University): http://opencourselibrary.org/
- University College London: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/teaching-learning/digital-education/oer
- OpenStax (Rice University): http://cnx.org/
- MERLOT (California State University): http://als.csuprojects.org/course_content[Reviser1] ; https://www.merlot.org/merlot/advSearchMaterials.htm
- OCW (MIT course content): https://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm
- Open educational resources at Edinburgh University: http://open.ed.ac.uk/
- Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/
- Internet Archive: https://archive.org/index.php
* in French:
- Educasources: http://educasources.education.fr
- Khan Academy francophone: http://communaute.khan-academy.fr
Find a royalty-free resource using a search engine
Using Google's advanced search
- in the section "Find pages with…", enter the subject you are searching for
- in the section "Then narrow your results by", in the "usage rights" box, select the option starting with "free to use" that meets your needs. For example, choosing "free to use, share or modify, even commercially" obtains royalty-free resources corresponding to the Creative Commons CC-BY licence.
- Royalty-free photos and videos: www.flickr.com/creativecommons and https://commons.wikimedia.org
- Music: https://www.jamendo.com/start