An information session takes place every academic year in November at UCLouvain.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
- Students must hold a Bachelor degree (180 credits/ECTS) in Economics
- Excellence (as testified by marks in the bachelor degree)
- Proficiency in English
The selection of the candidate is confirmed at the latest beginning of July* once the Bachelor program has been succesfully completed.
*of the year of application
Step 1: Application to the Economics School International Office
Applications are due early February.
PLEASE NOTE: The deadlines may vary depending on UCLouvain's and the partners' registration regulations (please get the accurate information from the administrative coordinator for International affairs ). All candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible. When the total number of slots in a programme is covered, no more applications will be reviewed for that specific programme.
Step 2: Interviews will be organized Mid-February and end of March (+ additional sessions if required). A skype/Teams/zoom meeting may be organized for international students and for Belgian students involved in an exchange program during the selection process.
Step 3: Students will be notified of their Pre-selection via email.
Step 4: Registration process at UCLouvain Office of the Registrar (see details under)
THE APPLICATION FILE
FOR BELGIAN STUDENTS
Fill in the following application form .
Please enclose the following documents with the application form:
- a cover letter
- an official transcript and a certified copy of your undergraduate degree (or the transcripts of each year of higher education since leaving secondary school)
- an ID photo
- Highly recommended: a certificate or test result showing your level of English (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.). UCL department of economics TOEFL institution code is 4169. Recommended scores: TOEFL: 550/213/79 (paper/computer/internet) - IELTS: 6. Deadlines for sending the test results: end of June (year of application).
- Optional: GRE or GMAT test result. UCLouvain School of economics GRE institution code is 4169
- FOR NON-UCL/UNAMUR STUDENTS ONLY: 2 letters of recommendation in a sealed enveloppe.
Plese send the application to the administrative coordinator for international affairs: Mrs. Valérie-Ann Verdin or hand it in to her office (Dupriez building, ground floor, Office D010).
FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Fill in the following application form .
Please enclose the following documents to the application form:
- A recent certificate of your nationality or a photocopy of your passport or a photocopy of your national identity card
- A covering letter
- A double-sided photocopy of your certificate of secondary education with details of the marks obtained in the final examinations (transcripts of records)
- A certified copy of all your higher education qualifications (or proof of results if certificates are not yet available)
- A certified copy of all the marks obtained for each year of higher education since leaving secondary school with details of the results gained (results for years where a pass was not obtained must also be provided)
- If necessary, original proof of activities you have undertaken in the last 5 years, including the dates of each activity (proof of employment, internships, etc.)
- A detailed curriculum vitae, dated and signed
- 2 letters of recommendation sent directly to the mobility coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Highly recommended: a certificate or test result showing the level of English (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.). UCL department of economics TOEFL institution code is 4169. Recommended scores: TOEFL: 550/213/79 (paper/computer/internet) - IELTS: 6. Deadlines for sending the results: end of June (year of application).
- Optional: GRE or GMAT test result. UCL department of economics GRE institution code is 4169
Please send your application to the administrative coordinator for international affairs, Mrs Valérie-Ann Verdin, by email.
NOTE: For non-EU students it is mandatory to send the application before mid-April (year of application).
THE ADMISSION PROCEDURE
- Your official registration at UCLouvain will ONLY occur after the confirmation of your selection by the administrative coordinator for international affairs.
- For students with a Belgian degree (UCLouvain and non-UCLouvain students): you will enroll in the masters program for which you've been selected (ECON2MS/G, ECON2MA, ETRI2MA).
- For International students (EU and non-EU): follow the UCLouvain official application procedure. IMPORTANT: You've already sent the requested list of documents at the selection process, you DO NOT HAVE to send it a second time. Complete the online application form and send a copy of it to the administrative coordinator for International Affairs.