LANGUAGE COURSES FOR INCOMING STUDENTS
- Language courses are organized by the Institut des Langues Vivantes / ILV
- Information sessions are planned at ILV at the beginning of each semester. They are mandatory as relevant information regarding registration procedures, schedules and group compositions are given.
LANGUAGE COURSES FOR OUTGOING STUDENTS
- You are a UCLouvain student selected for an exchange? Language courses can be added to your programme / Languages
Please consult this page for further information.
In order to go on exchange (and possibly for your job search) it is often necessary to prove you level of Neglish via a officially recognaised language test such as IELTS, which is recognised internationally. :
- For the descriptions of the European language levels, please consult this website: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/resources/european-language-levels-cefr
- For the Campbridge certificate ESOL - English for Speakers of Other Languages, please consult this website: https://www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams-and-tests/cefr/
L’IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is used worldwide (3,5 millions of applicants every year) and is recognised by 10.000 institutions, at least 2.000 of them are universities..The validity of the tests is 2 years.
Following the pandemic, the British Council no longer organises paper tests on any of the university campuses. They only do computer-based tests (with the help of videoconferencing for the oral parts) on their own premises in Brussels (Rue de Namur).
UCLouvain has booked a large number of spots for its students for the period between 22 November and 4 December 2021. A similar booking will be made for April-May 2022.
Please find the link to register online here (at least 3 weeks in advance): https://ieltsregistration.britishcouncil.org/orsnbc/find-test
- Please select « IELTS Academic » and « IELTS on computer at the test centre »
- Select a date between 22/11 and 4/12/21 (Please note, for some dates the oral test will not take place on the same date as the written test)
- Cost: €243
- Only use yur UCLouvain email address « student.uclouvain.be » (so that you can get access to a spot reserved by UCLouvain)
- Please read carefully all the information provided on their website (terms and conditions)