Congratulations, you have been pre-selected for an international exchange and informed of your destination.
TO DO list BEFORE your mobility program
Three conditions must still be met before you can be officially selected for the allocated destination:
- For BAC:
- validation of minimum 115 ECTS: validation of the 60 credits of the annual bloc 1 + 55 credits of the annual bloc 2 by the September session (or 110 ECTS at the June session) of the year preceding mobility.
- For the ECON2MS/G Master:
- conditional on students having passed the Applied Econometrics course (Core course) before departure.
- Fulfill at least 50 credits in June and 55 credits in August/September (before departure) .
- For the ECON2MA Master:
- a good average at the Bachelor level is required
- 30 ECTS is required after the January session
Complete your application for the host institution by the required deadline + look for accommodation
- Once you have been pre-selected, the International Affairs coordinator will inform our relevant partners of your selection by officially nominating you. This step usually takes place in March.
- The host institution will then contact you directly with information about their application process and their deadlines.
- The host university should also provide you with information about the accommodation. Make sure you find out about this process as soon as possible. Like here at UCLouvain, a lot of our partners will also only have limited university accommodation available. Finding out about the process to apply for one should be a priority.
Download the Mob-i application (called "mon programme d'échange") in your virtual office and enter your proposal with the courses you wish to attend
- If you cannot find "Mon programme d'échange" on your virtual office, please inform your mobility coordinator at the ESL. For technical help, please consult the instruction manual.
- The list of courses already appearing in Mob-i are courses entered in the system by students who did the same exchange in the past. So if no one has ever attended the course you want before, you won't find it in that list. You will need to enter the details of the courses into mob-i yourself. Make sure that you have the following information handy in order to do so:
- Course code (at the host university)
- Title of the course
- Number of ECTS for this course
- URL for the description of the course.
3. Choose 30 ECTS worth of courses at the host university. The majority if not all should be related to the economics field.
4. Steps to follow in Mob-i:
|STEPS in MOB-I||STATUS||DEADLINE Bachelor||DEADLINE ECON2MS/G||DEADLINE ECON2MA|
|STEP 1||Register your intention to enrol at UCLouvain for the following academic year via your virtual office||Once you've been advised of your pre-selection||Once you've been advised of your pre-selection||Once you've been advised of your pre-selection and once you have completed your bachelor|
|STEP 2||Go on Mob-i (Mon programme d'échange) and enter the details of your exchange (destination, degree, semester)||
Step 1 must have been completed. MARCH
|Step 1 must have been completed. MARCH.||Step 1 must have been completed. 2nd WEEK OF SEPTEMBER.|
|STEP 3||Explore your host institution's course catalogues||SEPTEMBER||MARCH - APRIL||SEPTEMBER|
|STEP 4||"Open" a course proposal||SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER||MARCH - APRIL||SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER|
|STEP 5||Once you have all your courses entered, "submit" your proposal||SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER||MARCH - APRIL||SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER|
|STEP 6||The ESL will review your selection. If validated, the proposal will become a "learning agreement" and your status will become "accepted". If not, you will be asked to modify it.||SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER||APRIL - MAY||SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER|
|STEP 7||Once validated, you will receive an automatic notification to go and dowload the PDF of your learning agreement and to send it to your mobility coordinator||SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER||MAY - JUNE||SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER|
|STEP 8||Once your results have been officially released, your status will go from "pre-selected" to "selected" provided you have met all the selection criteria. This step will inform ADRI that the Scholarship process can proceed.||SEPTEMBER||END OF JUNE||SEPTEMBER|
|STEP 9||Once we have received your learning agreement signed by the host institution, your status will be updated to "Contract". ADRI will then liaise with you to organise the payment of the scholarship.||NOVEMBER||END OF JULY||NOVEMBER|
|STEP 10||Pay your UCLouvain tuition fee for the new academic year||SEPTEMBER||SEPTEMBER||SEPTEMBER|
- Read all the information regarding the Scholarship
- Once your status in mob-i has been updated to "selected" and the status of your learning agreement updated to "contract", ADRI will liaise with you about the process to obtain the scholarship and the deadlines you must abide by and they will also activate the OLS licence to test your language skills (this is a /auto-evaluation/learning tool, its results are not taken into account in the final selection and won't appear on your transcript).
- You may need a visa, depending on your destination and nationality. Please follow the instructions of the host university and the relevant embassy.
- If a visa is required, get a student visa. Do not apply for a tourist visa.
- Please consult the relevant websites of the Embassies or Consulates for further details.
Please check with your host university whether classes will be virtual from Belgium (no Erasmus funding), on campus but online or on site or a combination of both depending on the Covid situation.
It is important to note that UClouvain's authorisation to go on exchange is not the only condition that must be met to do your exchange. It will also depend on whether student travel outside Belgium is allowed and also whether the country in which the host institution is located authorises foreigners to stay. These are conditions that are impossible to guarantee today, and we can't tell you either whether you will need to do a Covid test, quarantine yourself or be vaccinated upon entering the country at the time of your departure. You must therefore find the relevant information and accept to be subjected to some or all these constraints if you don't want your exchange to be cancelled.