The programme is only open to students who fulfill the admission requirements and will enroll at LSM in the 2-year Master 120 in Business Engineering (INGE2MS/G) or Management (GEST2MS/GE) after being selected for IB. The IB programme is fully integrated to LSM's standard Masters. Please note: the IB Programme starts in September of the first year of the Master 120.
Selection Process for the "IB programme 2022-24"
Organised with the Collaboration of a recruitment company
2022-2024 application period will take place from December 1, 2021 to March 1, 2022
STEP 1 - Admission Requirements - To meet by March 1st, 2022
Check if you satisfy the LSM academic admission requirements to register into the LSM Master in Business Engineering or into the Master 120 in Management. The requirements and the admission process differ according to your academic profil.
The English level required for the IB programme is equivalent to a C1 level. An English certificate is not requested for the time of the IB application but it will be for the exchange application embedded into the IB Programme.
STEP 3 - Selection
Based on your application file, LSM International Office will contact you for a comprehensive interview in English with Steve Skills.
Please note that only complete applications respecting the requirements, payment, and deadline will be taken into account. In case of non respect of the guidelines, the applicant will not be invited to the interview nor be reimbursed of the application fee.
IB criteria which will be taking into account
- International orientation including: English level*, Cross-cultural awareness, international ambition/willingness.
- Intrapreneurial skills including: motivation for IB experience, initiatives, maturity and stress resistance.
- Individual skills including: representation, team spirit and interpersonal skills.
- A strong academic background will be an asset.
*Minimum C1 level will be assessed during the interview. An English certificate is not requested for the time of the IB application but it will be for the exchange application embedded into the IB Programme.
IB Selection results
Based on the recommendations and ranking established by the recruitment company, the LSM International Office will let you know if you are selected (or not) for the IB programme 2022-2024.
Note: The programme accepts 45 students maximum.
STEP 4 - Official enrollment
If accepted to the IB programme, enroll in LSM Master's degree in Business Engineering (INGE2MS/G) or Management (GEST2MS/GE) as soon as possible (the sooner you are enrolled at UCLouvain/LSM, the sooner you will get your access). UCLouvain students and new students need to register online through this portal: https://uclouvain.be/en/study/inscriptions/futurs-etudiants.html
- Candidates with a non-Belgian Bachelor's degree must provide a GMAT 550 or TageMage 240 or GRE 155 in Quantitative Reasoning test for the official enrollment (holders of a degree from a CEMS or Double Degree partner university are exempted of providing the test).
- When starting the Master's at the Louvain School of Management in September 2022, the IB student must hold the Bachelor's university degree (For IB students who have done a preparatory module, because they hold a short type Bachelor, they must finish and successfully pass every course of the LSM preparatory module).
Your selection for the IB remains PROVISIONAL until you have successfully passed at least 25 ECTS of your first term exams (1st years of Master’s degree) (end of January). If you fail more than 1 exam in January, you will be DROPPED OUT of the IB and put back into the regular LSM Master’s degree.
STEP 5 - Concerning the exchange included in the IB programme
Compulsory online registration for the exchange
As the exchange is embedded into the IB Programme, students need to respect the regular exchange procedure and make a first online registration.
Languages test (free)
IB students, who wish to go on exchange to a destination where Spanish or German is spoken, need to take a free language test (organised by LSM in December 2022, exact date will be announced in due time) to proof the proficiency in that language.
Exchange Application submission (incl. certificate of English):
As per the regular exchange procedure, students have to submit their exchange application (including their English certificate) in February 2023 (exact date will be annonced in due time).
Allocation of the exchange destination (February 2023)