The programme is only open to students who fulfill the admission requirements and will enroll at LSM in the 2-year Master 120 in Business Engineering (INGE2MS/G) or Management (GEST2MS/GE) after being selected for IB. The IB programme is fully integrated to LSM's standard Masters. Please note: the IB Programme starts in September of the first year of the Master 120.
Preselection Process for the "IB programme 2024-26"
Organised with the Collaboration of a recruitment company
2023-2025 application period is over. The 2024-2026 application period will open from December 1st 2023.
STEP 1 - Admission Requirements - To meet to apply by December 2023
Check if you satisfy the LSM academic admission requirements to register for the LSM Master in Business Engineering or the Master 120 in Management. The requirements and the admission process differ according to your academic profile.
The English level required for the IB programme is equivalent to a C1 level. An English certificate is not requested for the time of the IB application but it will be later for the exchange application embedded into the IB Programme.
STEP 2 - Online Application - Open from December 1st 2023 till February 25th 2024
Fill-in, in English, the online application form (available in December 2023) from December 1st 2023 to February 25th 2024 for the 2024-2026 intake.
The application should feature the following documents merged in one single PDF file respecting the following order:
- A motivation letter in English (max. one page on which you write down why you want to participate in this programme, why we should choose you; and information you would like to add besides the information asked in the questions of the application form)
- Your CV in English (max. 2 pages)
- all transcripts of records of all university studies (and degree(s) if already any). if you are doing a Bachelor's at UCL, we do not need an official transcript of records but a screenshot of your UCL virtual office for each academic year.
- the proof of payment of the IB Application fee of 85 euros to be paid on IBAN BE13 3701 2884 0339 with the communication: “43.11000.017 IB 2024, First Name, Last Name”.
Please note: this fee is not refundable. Please note that only complete applications respecting the requirements, payment, and deadline will be taken into account. Please note that in case of non-respect, the applicant will not be invited to the interview nor be reimbursed for the application fee.
STEP 3 - Preselection
All applicants meeting the admission requirements and with an online application fully and properly completed will be invited by email for an interview in English with Steve Skills around March-April 2024.
Please note that only complete applications respecting the requirements, payment, and deadline will be taken into account. In case of non-respect of the guidelines, the applicant will not be invited to the interview nor be reimbursed of the application fee.
IB criteria which will be taken into account
- International orientation including English level*, Cross-cultural awareness, international ambition/willingness.
- Intrapreneurial skills including motivation for IB experience, initiatives, maturity, and stress resistance.
- Individual skills including representation, team spirit, and interpersonal skills.
- A strong academic background will be an asset.
*Minimum C1 level will be assessed during the interview. An English certificate is not requested for the time of the IB application but it will be for the exchange application embedded into the IB Programme.
IB Preselection results
Based on the recommendations and ranking established by the recruitment company, the LSM International Office will let you know if you are preselected (or not) for the IB programme 2024-2026.
Please have a look at the "Step 4 - official Enrollment and Selection" here below to see how to be officially selected.
Note: The programme preselects up to 45-50 students.
STEP 4 - Official enrollment and selection
If preselected for the IB programme, you have to enroll in LSM Master's degree in Business Engineering (INGE2MS/G) or Management (GEST2MS/GE) as soon as possible (the sooner you are enrolled at UCLouvain/LSM, the sooner you will get your access). UCLouvain students and new students need to register online through this portal: https://uclouvain.be/en/study/inscriptions/futurs-etudiants.html
- Candidates with a non-Belgian Bachelor's degree must provide a GMAT 550 or TageMage 240 or GRE 155 in Quantitative Reasoning test for the official enrollment (holders of a degree from a CEMS or Double Degree partner university are exempted from providing the test).
- When starting the Master's at the Louvain School of Management in September 2024, the IB student must hold the Bachelor's university degree (For IB students who have done a preparatory module, because they hold a short type Bachelor, they must have finished and successfully passed every course of the LSM preparatory module).
Your preselection for the IB remains PROVISIONAL until you have successfully passed at least 25 ECTS of your first term exams (1st year of Master’s degree) (end of January). If you fail more than 1 exam in January, you will be DROPPED OUT of the IB and put back into the regular LSM Master’s degree.
STEP 5 - Concerning the exchange included in the IB programme
Compulsory online registration for the exchange
As the exchange is embedded into the IB Programme, students need to respect the regular exchange procedure.
Languages test (free)
IB students, who wish to go on exchange to a destination where Spanish or German is spoken, need to take a free language test (organised by LSM in December 2024, exact date will be announced in due time) to proof the proficiency in that language.
Exchange Application submission (incl. certificate of English):
As per the regular exchange procedure, students have to submit their exchange application (including their English certificate) in February 2025 (exact date and link will be annonced in due time).
Allocation of the exchange destination (February 2025)