Welcome to the Louvain School of Management
Take a look at the Master's 120 ECTS structure at LSM and find tips and tricks to get your started! This presentation is targeted at students starting their Annual Block 1 of Master's 120 at LSM but presentations for the other programmes and Annual Block 2 are available below.
For the Mons WIN-Week schedule, please click here.
Start of the year: Enrol at UCLouvain / Register to LSM courses / First steps at UCLouvain
Enrollment / Reenrollment at UCLouvain has to be done online.
Direct access to the Master 120 in Management and to the Masters 60 in Management (Evening version and day version) for (future) holders of a belgian university degree (Bachelor) en sciences économiques et de gestion, en ingénieur de gestion, en sciences de gestion, in de toegepaste economische wetenschappen or in handelsingenieur > Register online.
Direct access to the Master 120 in management and to the Masters 60 in Management (Evening version and day version) with the addition of 55 to 60 credits for (future) holders of a Bachelor done at a short type Belgian non-university higher education included in this list > Register online.
Direct access to the Master in Business Engineering for (future) holders of a belgian Bachelor degree en ingénieur de gestion or in handelsingenieur > Register online.
Access on file, to the masters for holders of a belgian degree not mentionned here above, in 2 steps:
1) Register online. Wait for an email from LSM containing further instructions
2) Submit a request file to the Master's in Management depending on the Master's you wish to study. The specific process for each Master's is available on the following pages:
- Master 120 in Management (procedure in French)
- Master 120 in Business Engineering (procedure in French)
- Master 60 in Management - day courses (procedure in French)
- Advanced Master 60 in European Business and Economic Policy
Holders of a non-Belgian degree must first check if they meet the access requirements to the desired Master and then submit, online, an application file for access.
First steps at UCLouvain (for new UCLouvain students only)
You are registered at UCLouvain... great! You can continue to prepare for the new academic year by activating your global UCLouvain account in order to have access to wifi, virtual office, intranet, your UCLouvain email address, timetables,...
Registration to courses at the Louvain School of Management has to be done online (for most students).
You must register to all of your courses:
For more information on course registration, you can consult the LSM intranet.
Masters of the Louvain School of Management
The offer is varied at the Louvain School of Management: 120 masters, 60 masters, daytime masters, staggered hours, specialisation masters, double masters, premium programmes,... the offer is wide; find the Master that suits you!
The 120-credit masters courses at the Louvain School of Management give you the opportunity to deepen your knowledge specifically in one field thanks to the major composed of 6 courses.
Find out which major/field will suit you best:
You wish to know more about:
Go to classes at LLN : Schedules / Auditorium
A useful little guide on how to access the standard course timetable (in French)
Important to know: The 2021-2022 course schedule is available on the ADE platform, UCLouvain's online scheduling tool
1) BEFORE your registration to your LSM courses, take a look at the ADE tutorial video (in French) and follow the link here below in oder to check the typical sample schedule of your programme.
- Master 120 in Business Engineering: Professional Focus
- Master in Management: Professional Focus / Research Focus
- Master 60 in Management: Day / Evening
- Master de spécialisation en European Business and Economic Policy
- Complementary Module To log in - ID: etudiant / PW: student. After that, encode "GEST1MC" in the frame "Recherche", click on the magnifying glass and then click on GEST1MC. Finally, select the right week on the timeline at the bottom of the webpage.
2) AFTER being registered to your LSM courses, make your own schedule by following this tutorial video (in French).
Auditoriums, Group work rooms, Computer rooms
- Localisation of auditoriums in Louvain-la-Neuve
- 4 LSM group work rooms - A019, A020, A021, A023 - are at your disposal on the ground floor of the Doyens building and are accessible from the rue de la lanterne magique or from Place Rabelais.
- The computer rooms, used for teaching and research activities, are at your disposal in the basement (level -1) of the Doyens building and are accessible from the rue de la lanterne magique. Please note: you need your UCLouvain access card to enter the rooms.
Go to classes at Mons
The course schedules for the Mons site can be found on the Student Corner by following the path below:
Accueil - Mes infos - Service administratif de soutien aux facultés et instituts (SAFI) - Horaire de cours/TP - JOUR - Horaire des cours du 1er quadrimestre 2021-2022 - Horaire JOUR Q1 - 2021-2022
For your first connection to the Student Corner, you must go to https://welcome.student-corner.be/ and follow the instructions listed there.
If you have questions about the majors and options organised at Mons, you can contact email@example.com
The means of communication and information
The LSM Intranet
Full of valuable information, it is accessible with your UCLouvain login and password, it should be among your favourites.
You can access it: by clicking on "My UCL" located at the top of the page on the right; you then arrive on your virtual desktop, open the pull-down menu at the top left "My UCL"; click on "Navigation" then on "Faculty" and select "Louvain School of Management"
The UCLouvain virtual Office - MyUCL
The virtual office/dashboard, also called My UCL, allows you:
- to register to the courses
- to verify the annual study programme
- to register to the exams
- to be informed of the results
- to access the UCL mailbox
- to access the libraries
- to follow the UCL news
Do not hesitate to vieuw the tutorial video on the new dashboard
Your email address student.uclouvain.be
Every student enrolled at the University has an e-mail address (...@student.uclouvain.be) that he or she must activate and which, unless otherwise provided in these regulations, is used for all individual communication from the University to the student and vice versa.
The Moodle platform
Moodle UCL is a distance course information platform used by the professors to give your information, exercises, documents, communication tools regarding their courses. The platform is also used to take part in the activities provided for by the teaching staff and also to register for oral exams.
Connection to Moodle is done thanks ti your UCL ID and the password related to the ID.
ATTENTION: Registration to Moodle is not automatic and is not treated as enrollment for courses.
I am here to take some courses at the LSM
Students registered at ICHEC or at UNamur who wish to take courses at the LSM - LLN site can find:
- all information in the ICHEC/UNamur students guide (in French)
- Special request for the enrollment at UCL 2021-2022 (to submit to the UCL Service SIC)
- LSM-LLN course registration form 2021-22 (to send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org):
"Free students" ("élèves libres") who wish to follow any LSM course(s) outside their master's programme, for up to 20 credits per academic year, must complete the following two documents :
- UCL Form "Autorisation inscription élève libre - cours isolé(s)": Please fill in your datas, write down the Code, Title and credits of the course.s you would like to take in the frame "Décision de l'autorité", sign the form and send it to the LSM (email@example.com) for signature and, once completed, to be sent to the UCLouvain registration service.
- UCL Form "Request for individual registration" to be completed and sent directly to the UCLouvain registration service. (SIC)
A student from outside the European Union cannot be registered as a free student unless he or she is already a student at UCLouvain.
Preparing for the IELTS before going on exchange during my Master's
LSM students have the opportunity to go on an exchange during the first semester of their second year of Master's. To learn more about this opportunity and the conditions, visit our intranet page about exchanges here
To better prepare for the English test required to apply for an exchange, LSM partnered with ILV to offer English classes focused on IELTS preparation for Bachelor 3 students from ESPO. Find more information here: