Welcome to the Louvain School of Management
Take a look at the Master's 120 ECTS structure at LSM and find tips and tricks to get your started! This presentation is targeted at students starting their Annual Block 1 of Master's 120 at LSM but presentations for th eother programmes and Annual Block 2 are available below.
To do now / Enrol at UCLouvain - Register to the LSM courses
1st step : Enrollment / Reenrollment at UCLouvain has to be done online.
Students with a degree in Management, Business Engineering or Economics and Management have a direct access to our Master's and have to register online.
Students with a diploma from a short type Belgian non-university higher education included in this list have a direct access but will be subject to an additional 55 to 60 ECTS. They also have to register online.
All other students holding a Belgian degree must follow this 2-step process;
1) Register online. Wait for an email from LSM containing further instructions
2) Submit a request file to the Master's in Management depending on the Master's you wish to study. The specific process for each Master's is available on the following pages:
- Master 120 in Management (procedure in French)
- Master 120 in Business Engineering (procedure in French)
- Master 60 in Management - day courses (procedure in French)
2nd step (for new UCLouvain students only) : First steps at UCLouvain
Activate your global account and access all the online tools used by UClouvain and LSM: https://uclouvain.be/en/study/les-demarches-apres-l-inscription.html
3rd step: Registration to courses at the Louvain School of Management (to be done online (for most students)).
You must register to all of your courses:
- on Moodle (ASAP),
- on Teams (ASAP),
- and on your virtual desk (ASAP, and the deadline is September 27, 2020!)
For more information on course registration, you can consult the LSM intranet.
Discovery Week 2020-2021 at the Louvain School of Management
Masters of the Louvain School of Management
>Powerpoint of the presentationsof the programm (online soon)
Go to classes at LLN / Schedules - Auditorium
How to access the standard course schedule is available below (in French)
The 2020-2021 course schedule is available on the ADE platform, UCLouvain's online scheduling tool
1) BEFORE your registration to your LSM courses, take a look at the ADE tutorial video (in French) and follow the link here below in oder to check the typical sample schedule of your programme.
- Master 120 in Business Engineering: Professional Focus
- Master in Management: Professional Focus / Research Focus
- Master 60 in Management: Day / Evening
- Complementary Module To log in - ID: etudiant / PW: student. After that, encode "GEST1MC" in the frame "Recherche", click on the magnifying glass and then click on GEST1MC. Finally, select the right week on the timeline at the bottom of the webpage.
2) AFTER being registered to your LSM courses, make your own schedule by following this tutorial video (in French).
The auditorium, seminar and exercise rooms have special numbering starting with one or more letters indicating the building where they are situated.
Example: the Doyens 21 lecture hall is located in the Doyens building. The MONT 11 hall is in the Montesquieu building next to the Faculty of Law. Link in French: localisation des auditoires à Louvain-la-Neuve
4 LSM group work rooms - A019, A020, A021, A023 - are at your disposal on the ground floor of the Doyens building and are accessible from the rue de la lanterne magique or from Place Rabelais.
The computer rooms, used for teaching and research activities, are at your disposal in the basement (level -1) of the Doyens building and are accessible from the rue de la lanterne magique. Please note: you need your UCLouvain access card to enter the rooms.
Go to classes at Mons
The course schedules for the Mons site can be found on the Student Corner by following the path below:
Accueil - Mes infos - Service administratif de soutien aux facultés et instituts (SAFI) - Horaire de cours/TP - JOUR - Horaire des cours du 1er quadrimestre 2019-2020 - Horaire JOUR Q1 - 2019-2020
For your first connection to the Student Corner, you must go to https://welcome.student-corner.be/ and follow the instructions listed there.
If you have questions about the majors and options organised at Mons, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The means of communication and information
The LSM intranet (accessible with your UCLouvain login and password)
You can access it:
- by clicking on "My UCL" located at the top of the page on the right
- you then arrive on your virtual desktop, open the pull-down menu at the top left "My UCL"
- click on "Navigation" then on "Faculty" and select "Louvain School of Management"
Do not hesitate to vieuw the tutorial video on the new dashboard
All useful links, to add absolutely to your favorites from the beginning of the year
The Electronic notice board are the only way for administrative managers to communicate important information to you (waiting for all students to have access to their virtual desktops and their ucl messaging)
Your email address student.uclouvain.be
Every student enrolled at the University has an e-mail address (...@student.uclouvain.be) that he or she must activate and which, unless otherwise provided in these regulations, is used for all individual communication from the University to the student and vice versa.
The UCLouvain virtual Office - MyUCL
What is it for?
Most important tool of the student, the virtual office/dashboard, also called My UCL, allows you:
- to register to the courses
- to verify the annual study programme
- to register to the exams
- to be informed of the results
- to access the UCL mailbox
- to access the libraries
- to follow the UCL news
The Moodle platform
Moodle UCL is a distance course information platform used by the professors to give your information, exercises, documents, communication tools regarding their courses. The platform is also used to take part in the activities provided for by the teaching staff and also to register for oral exams.
Connection to Moodle is done thanks ti your UCL ID and the password related to the ID.
ATTENTION: Registration to Moodle is not automatic and is not treated as enrollment for courses.
I am here to take some courses at the LSM
Students registered at ICHEC or at UNamur who wish to take courses at the LSM - LLN site can find:
- all information in the ICHEC/UNamur students guide (in French)
- Special request for the enrollment at UCL 2020-2021 (to submit to the UCL Service SIC)
- LSM-LLN course registration form 2020-21 (to submit to the LSM Students Office or at email@example.com):
"Free students" ("élèves libres") who wish to follow any LSM course(s) outside their master's programme, for up to 20 credits per academic year, must complete the following documents, have them signed by the LSM Students Office (for LSM courses only) and finally have them submitted to the Registration Office (Service des inscriptions de l'UCL - SIC):
- UCL Form "Request for individual registration" to be completed and sent to the UCLouvain registration service. (SIC)
- LSM Form "Autorisation facultaire d'inscription élève libre" to be sent to the LSM (firstname.lastname@example.org) for signature and, once completed, to be sent to the UCLouvain registration service.
- UCL Form "Autorisation inscription élève libre" to be sent to the LSM (email@example.com) for signature and, once completed, to be sent to the UCLouvain registration service.
A student from outside the European Union cannot be registered as a free student unless he or she is already a student at UCLouvain.
Preparing for the IELTS before going on exchange during my Master's
LSM students have the opportunity to go on an exchange during the first semester of their second year of Master's. To learn more about this opportunity and the conditions, visit our intranet page about exchanges here
To better prepare for the English test required to apply for an exchange, LSM partnered with ILV to offer English classes focused on IELTS preparation for Bachelor 3 students from ESPO. Find more information here: