Selection Process (LSM as home university): COHORT 2020-22
This selection process aims at determining whether the access to the chosen Double Degree can be granted or not on the basis of your current situation, .
NOTE: If you are interested in a Double Degree with LSM and your home university is one of the DD Partner University, please refer to your home university website in order to get information about requirements and procedures. Note that you will also have to respect the LSM academic admission requirements.
Double Degree Requirements at LSM
- Meet the LSM academic admission requirements to register into the LSM Master's in Business Engineering or into the LSM Master's in Management.
- Hold a Bachelor's university degree when starting your Master's at the Louvain School of Management in September 2020 (or for students doing a preparatory module because they hold of a short type Bachelor: finish and successfully pass every course of the LSM preparatory module).
- Fill in the DD application form presenting your individual skills, professional projects, motivation and academic project for the chosen Double Degree.
- Successfully pass the joint DD selection interview based on your DD application form.
- For non-Belgian degree holder : have a GMAT 550 only Quantitative and Verbal (unless holding a degree from a CEMS or Double Degree partner university, in this case we require a B ECTS grade).
- For Belgian degree holder : have an average of 67% out of your current Belgian Bachelor's university degree or a GMAT 550 if under that average.
- Proof of English proficiency: C1 level (CEFR). This will be evaluated during the selection interview. The selection's jury could ask for an official certificate (TOEFL, IETLS, etc.) to handed in by July 1st, 2021.
- If applying for the Dutch/English LSM/KULeuven Double Degree: C1 level in Dutch (CEFR) to be proven during the selection interview.
Please note that your selection remains provisional until the results of the June 2021 exam session. Indeed, you must acquire min. 60 ECTS credits of LSM Master's level courses (languages courses and prerequisite courses excluded).
Three criteria will be taken into account during the selection :
- Academic results of each university studies year;
- The applicant's profile based on motivation, professional experience, personal skills (initiative, leadership, entrepreneurship, team spirit, cultural openness, etc.) and a strong academic project for the chosen Double Degree;
- Language skills.
The selection's jury could select you under certain condition(s) such as proving you improvment:
- in English in case of a level under the requirement. In this case a English certificate must be submit by July 1st, 2021.
- on academic results for a future exam session.
Selection Procedure & Calendar at LSM
Step 1: Choose the DD you wish to acquired
- Check our list of DD partners to get detailed DD information for each partnership.
Step 2: Application submission*: May 31, 2020 at the latest
*Due to the COVID-19 situation, LSM has decided to reopen the applications for the Double Degrees (for EU and Belgian citizens). The first round (deadline March 10) continues as previously annouced. Most of the slots will be allocated during the March-June 2020 selections (first classical round and extended period). Note that an exceptional selection might still organised in September-November 2020.
Step 3: Selection Interview: in June 2020
Applicants are invited to a joint interview in front of representatives of the Partner University and LSM.
Please note that only complete applications respecting the requirements, the payment, the deadline will take into account. Please note that in case of non respect, the applicant will not be invited to the interview nor be reimbursed of the application fee.
Step 4: Selection Results: Mid-to-end of June 2020
The Partner University you have been selected for will confirm that you are academically eligible to their Master's.
Step 5: Selection confirmation: End of June 2021
Your selection remains provisional until the results of the June 2021 exam session. Indeed, you must acquire min. 60 ECTS credits of LSM Master's level courses (languages courses and prerequisite courses excluded).
Otherwise you will be dropped out of the DD and will spend your Annual Block 2 into the regular LSM programme without any exchange.