After the nomination and registration period, you are encouraged to think about the courses that you will take at LSM. Students need to fill in a Learning Agreement, a study contract. Here are the 3 steps to fill in this learning agreement.
1) Choose your courses
You can find the LSM list of courses available to exchange students for the Fall Semester 2022-23. Here is the Courses list for the Spring semester 22-23.
In regards to French language courses, you can follow up to 2 French language courses free of charge by semester (1 general & 1 complementary courses – max. 8 credits) if these are listed on your Learning Agreement. If you want to follow more courses (more credits), there is a tuition fee for additional courses. Be aware that lectures are mandatory and are given at a rhythm of 2 times 2 hours per week through the whole semester. All the necessary information about language courses will be given by the ILV (Language Institute) during its Information Session given at the beginning of the semester.
The normal and recommended workload at LSM is 30 ECTS per semester, which represents 6 courses of 5 ECTS each. More information about courses and options here.
2) Fill in the learning agreement
Your Learning Agreement must be completed and signed by both you and your home coordinator. Even if your initial proposal (first learning agreement) may change, it is essential that you send us a study programme before your arrival. It is up to you to discuss your course choice with your home academic advisor as your programme needs to fit your home institution requirements.
- It is your responsibility to check that you comply with the courses prerequisites (available in the course description)
- Attendance is compulsory. It is your responsibility to check that you do not have any overlaps.
3) Submit your learning agreement
- You can upload the Learning Agreement approved by your home University directly on the Mobility Online platform (using the template of your home university if this one exists).
- You can start the procedure via the Mobility Online platform to create your learning agreement and enter your courses (course by course) to issue your learning agreement with our template.
After your arrival in Belgium and during mobility, you will be able to adjust your programme during the first week of the semester using the Annex for changes to the original proposed study programme, the appendix to your Learning Agreement listing your initial courses choice. After the first week of class, no changes of your learning agreement will be accepted.