Settling in Belgium

Visa and entry

For students, researchers and lecturers who are staying for more than three months:

Work Permit

For students, researchers and lecturers

Enroll at the university (PhD student)

For PhD students, as applications for admission can be submitted at any time during the year, there are no enrolment deadlines.

Sign employment contract (researchers and lecturers)

Congratulations on your appointment !

Register with your commune

Registration with the commune is compulsory for stays of more than three months.

Open a bank account

Before you leave your home country check with your bank to see if it has a partner in Belgium. 

Health insurance

Students who are not EU citizens: