1) Entry requirements (conditions to be met à the time to apply)
Be enrolled in a Master 120 at the LSM (Master in Management Science or Management Engineer) and, if concerned, have passed all the modules of the add-on module (prerequisite courses imposed on your program)
Students in the 1st semester of their Block Annual 1 that are still enrolled in their Bachelor with maximum one uncredited course are allowed to candidate for an exchange.
- Official certificate of English (whatever your destination), 1 of these 3 tests:
- IELTS (academic) 6.5
- TOEFL 89 (iBT)
- Cambridge CAE B/BEC Higher B.
For dates and place of these tests, please visit the links.
- Respect of administrative process and deadline
- Registration via the online form: October 31, 2017
- If you have completed your bachelor's degree outside of UCL, you must send your notes to firstname.lastname@example.org: 31 October 2017
- Filing completed with English certificate: January 30st, 2018 at 12.00 pm at the latest.
2) Specials conditions for certain destinations:
- English: Some partner universities require a higher level of English, it is up to you to check the requested level.
- Other languages: To reach the destinations of the countries mentioned below, knowledge of an additional language is required:
Spain, South America (except Brazil): level B1 in Spanish
German, Austria: level B1 in German
Netherlands: level B1 in Dutch
Notes: Some partner universities require a higher level of Spanish, it is up to you to check the requested level.
Other conditions: Some partner universities have specific access conditions (professional experience, academic average, ...). It is your responsibility to inquire about these conditions.
3) Final conditions
- Successful completion of all courses of the EAP (Annual Student Program) and minimum 55 ECTS of Master level courses. Maximum one uncredited course will be tolerated.
Students with an uncredited course in their Bachelor's programm must have succeeded all their 180 CETS at the latest in June of their Master's Annual Block 1, to be confirmed in their exchange.
- Students with 2 or more failures after the January session (and not covered by a medical certificate submitted prior to the examinations concerned) lose their access to the exchange program.
English than other language in a acquired B1 level Concerning
The minimum level B1 acquired must allow the student to understand his interlocutor and to express himself. We consider the effort made as a criterion of attribution and not the allocation of the destination as the starting point of the effort to be provided. No promise of apprenticeship will be accepted.
In order to prove this level B1 required, the LSM organizes free written tests (30 minutes) in December 7th, 2017 for each of these languages. It is only with the success of this test (s) that you will be able to mention one of the countries mentioned above in your list of choices of destinations.
Students who have left before you have completed stays reports concerning their exchange period and their host university. These forms provide a wealth of useful information about courses, the organization of the stay, the cost of living, etc.
We have also compiled a series of information about the partner universities of the LSM on Moodle (LSM- Exchanges Internationales). This space is at your disposal.
You will receive regularly emails containing some useful and important information, be careful not to miss a deadline or important instructions.
The guide "Study or teach abroad" presents information on the possibilities of studies, training, research and specialization in the partner countries of the Wallonia-Brussels Community.
|September 2017||Entry requirements|
|To October 31th 2017||Required onrollment form + non-UCL bachelor bulletins|
|7st Décember 2017||Languages tests (specifics conditions to certain destinations)|
|To January 30st 2018 at 12.00 pm at the latest||Application form and English Certificate|
|Beginning of February 2018||Assigning destinations|
|End June 2018||Validation of minimum 55 ECTS of Master level courses and a completed Bachelor Degree|
|July/October 2018||Départure in exchange|
First step : Registration REQUIRED via the online form
To express your intention to participate at a academic exchange, it is MANDATORY to fill in the online form, by Octobrer 31st 2017, at the latest. This registration will enable us to establish the list of potential candidates for the exchanges and the ranking to assign them destinations.
Application file to spend an exchange semester in 2018-2019 (incl. selected students for IB programm)
- Your application form containing your personnal data (form available in December)
- Your official English certificate: only a copy of one of these 3 tests : TOEFL (570/230/89) or IELTS 6.5 or Cambridge CAE B/BEC Higher B.
- An Excell table containing selected destinations and sorted by your order of preferences.
The final list of available destinations and the number of available places for each of them for an exchange in 2018-2019 will be communicated in end of Nnovember 2017. Nevertheless, we advice you to already inform you on each of the destinations you want to put in your list.
Attribution des destinations
The allocation of destination is based ont the academic average obtains over the three year's bachelor. We attribute to everyone (beginning by the first ranked) his first, second, third... choice based on number of available destinations.
Your classment has to reflect your real expectations and it's your responsability to get informations about your wished destinations. The result of allocation of the destinations will be announced beginning of February.
Important : The allocation stay provisionnal until the results of June. Every outgoing exchange student must have suceeded, at the June 2018's session, minimum 55 ECTS credits of Master courses from the LSM and a completed Bachelor degree.