Thanks to the exchange agreements with three excellent Flemish universities (Belgica), LSM students can choose to spend an academic semester in Flanders.
This opportunity enables students to live in immersion and improve considerably their Dutch skills. This immersion also better prepares them for the Belgian job market.
To access these destinations, you must meet the admission requirements for a regular exchange and prove a proficiency of B2 or C1 level in English. Students with a good command of Dutch (B2 level) can also choose Dutch-taught courses. Dedicated mobility grants are also available for the Belgica (via the option « my mobility » on the student virtual desk).
- Be enrolled in a Master 120 ECTS at the LSM (Master’s in Business Engineering or in Management)
- Passed all university courses
- Exception for one failed course of 5 ECTS only:
- If it is a course from the Bachelor's degree or add-on module: it must be successfully passed at the end of the June exam session or the exchange will be cancelled.
- If it is a course from the Master’s courses of the first semester of the Annual Block 1: the student may go on exchange.
- Minimum B2 level in Dutch language certificate (Free language test organized at LSM at the beginning of December)
- Register on Moodle by the end of September
- Respect the administrative process and deadlines
- Submit within the deadline a completed application file including the Dutch language certificate and the destination choice in order of preference
The process of the mobility programmes in Flanders operates in the same way as the regular exchanges. The information available to prepare and manage the exchange semester in Flanders can be found on Moodle.
Thanks to the framework agreement UCLouvain/KULeuven, LSM students can choose up to 3 KULeuven courses equivalent to those from LSM.
Procedure: see the instructions provided on the LSM intranet