The European Physical Society (EPS), upon nomination by the Belgian Physical Society, has decided to confer a Historic Site Award to the Cyclotron Hall in Louvain-la-Neuve.
To celebrate this event, a commemorative plate will be unveiled on Tuesday 12 October 2021 at the "de Hemptinne" building of UCLouvain, which hosts the Cyclotron Hall.
This celebration will be accompanied by an academic session and a reception in the same building.
16h : Academic session
- Welcome and introduction by the president of the Belgian Physical Society, Dr. Jef Ongena
- Address by the UCLouvain rector, Prof. Vincent Blondel
- Address by the ULB rector, Prof. Annemie Schaus
- Address by the KU Leuven vice-rector for international affairs, Prof. Peter Lievens
- Address by the president of the European Physical Society, Dr. Luc Bergé
- Talk “The Louvain-la-Neuve cyclotrons”
- “Where new Novae were born”, Dr Stephane Goriely (ULB)
- “Producing radioactive beams: from dream to reality”, Dr Marc Loiselet (UCLouvain)
- “Searching for a needle in a haystack”, Prof. Piet Van Duppen (KU Leuven)
- Talk “Radioactive Beam Science: an international endeavor”, Prof. Marek Lewitowicz, Chair of the Nuclear Physics European Collaboration Committee (NuPECC) – GANIL, France
- 17h30 : Unveiling of the commemorative plate
- 17h45 : Reception
"Marc de Hemptinne" building
Chemin du Cyclotron, 2
Directions can be found here. Pease, note that the address is sometimes not properly indicated in GPS systems. In this case it may be advisable to use "Rue Louis de Geer" as the street name.
As UCLouvain would like to welcome its guests in the best possible conditions, we invite you to present your covid safe ticket at the entrance of the event.
You will find via this link, a document that explains the precise conditions under which the covid safe ticket can be obtained.