1. General information:
The PhD in Economics is organized by the Economics School of Louvain (ESL) and the Faculty of Economics, Political Science and Communication (ESPO).
The doctoral programme being managed mostly by the faculty on the administrative point of view, you will find relevant information on the ESL page Ph. D. in Economics.
This three year program prepares candidates for research and teaching positions in academia and private or public organizations across the world.
Who is the administrative coordinator of the doctoral programme in Economics ?
The ESPO doctoral administrative coordinator is Isabelle Portzenheim.
Collège Léon Dupriez
Place Montesquieu 4/L2.05.01
Tel.: 010 47 39 54
2. Where can I find the doctoral regulations ?
The doctoral regulations are explained on the application steps page of the Faculty of economics, Political Sciences and Communication.
3. What are the admission criteria ?
You will find the admission criteria in the General admission criteria section on the application steps page of the Faculty of economics, Political Sciences and Communication.
4. PhD students:
4.1. Job placement 2021 - 2022:
- François Courtoy works for the European Commission (DG ECFIN), Brussels;
- Elsa Leromain is Assistant Professor at the University of Antwerp;
- Francesco Pascucci is Post-Doctoral Researcher at University Saint-Louis, Brussels;
- Marcus Bierman is Assistant Professor at the University of Bielefeld (Germany)
4.2. IRES PhD thesis completed in 2022:
Essays on Macroeconomic Theory: Optimal Fiscal Policy and History of Macroeconomics
Supervisor : Rigas Oikonomou
Four Essays on Uncertainty and Expectations in Macroeconomics
Supervisor: Luca Pensieroso
Topics in Population and Family Economics
Supervisors : David de la Croix, Thomas Baudin (IÉSEG)